Failed to read network interface (eth1) information
Connect to the vCenter Server Appliance via SSH (default username is root and password is vmware).
- Copy the /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0 to /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth1 file by running this command:cp /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0 /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth1
- Open the ifcfg-eth1 file using a text editor.Delete the vi /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth1 command as it is specific to the vi editor. The user can choose to use any editor for this purpose.
- Edit the file adding values for your network.For example:
- Create a symlink for this file in /etc/sysconfig/network by running this command:ln -s /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth1 /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth1
- Restart the networking service to activate the new setup, by running this command:service network restart
- Check the web management interface to verify that the new settings are active.